This Truffle Fry and Burger Sauce includes the typical mayo and ketchup, but we are kicking it up a notch with some truffle oil and other spices, making it the ultimate dipping sauce!
Welcome to a post featuring my favorite food in the world, french fries! While I love them piping hot with just some salt, they are even better with something to dip them in. Ketchup, ranch, mayo, mustard, BBQ, sweet & sour, and yes even a milkshake…you name it!
I remember the first time I ever combined ketchup and mayonnaise together. I loved the creamy and tanginess the mayo added! Whenever I am somewhere that offers packets of ketchup and mayonnaise, I also combine them to make a quick sauce.
What is Truffle Fry & Burger Sauce?
If you haven’t guessed by now, a fry sauce is the combination of ketchup and mayonnaise with the addition of other spices. The main difference in this recipe is the truffles. I LOVE truffle anything, especially with french fries. Last year while I was in New York, I went to a Christmas market and discovered The Truffleist’s booth and fell in love with their products, especially the truffle hot sauce! For this recipe, I am adding their truffle oil and truffle hot sauce.
If you love things like garlic and shallots, you are bound to love truffles as well. They have a deep flavor that brings any savory dish to the next level.
Obviously, this sauce is great on french fries and burgers, but here are some other ideas:
- Grilled or roasted veggies
How to Make Truffle Fry & Burger Sauce
I made this recipe dairy-free, but you can easily adjust it for your diet or taste preferences. We will need the following ingredients:
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Truffle Oil (this is my favorite)
- Truffle hot sauce (again, here is my favorite)
- Worcestershire sauce (use a vegan version or soy sauce to make this sauce vegan)
- Smoked paprika
- Pickle juice (I used juice from my favorite Grillos Pickles that are loaded with fresh garlic and dill)
- Seasoned salt
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
Now just mix all the ingredients together and enjoy! If you want the best possible flavors though, I recommend letting the sauce sit in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight.
Variations of Truffle Fry & Burger Sauce
If you don’t have truffle oil & truffle hot sauce, that is 100% ok! Just omit the oil altogether and use your favorite hot sauce.
Feel free to adjust the quantity or ingredients to fit your taste!
- Mayonnaise: I used vegan mayonnaise because that is what my family enjoys, but this would work with normal mayo or even Miracle Whip (may need to adjust the ketchup quantity or it could get too sweet).
- Spices: You could really get creative here. Start small and keep adding until it tastes perfect to you. Some suggestions are garlic powder, cayenne pepper, Old Bay seasoning, and even curry powder!
- Acid: If you are someone who can’t stand the flavor of pickle juice, try subbing in white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or even lemon juice. Start small and adjust to taste!
If you make one of my recipes, please tag me (IG @homemade_haley) or use the hashtag #homemadehaleyrecipes in your post or stories! I can’t wait to see how it turned out.
Thank you so much for your support. From my home to yours,
Truffle Fry & Burger Sauce
- Medium bowl
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo normal mayo works as well
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce I used my favorite truffle hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce Use vegan Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce to make this dish vegan
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp pickle juice I used juice from my favorite Grillos Pickles that are loaded with fresh garlic and dill
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar Because it wouldn't be one of my recipes without it
- pinch black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy! If you have time to chill in the fridge for an hour, that would be best.
- The longer the flavors can meld together in the refrigerator, the better the sauce will be!
- This can easily be made vegan or not.
- Enjoy on fries, burgers, veggies, chips....anything!
Favorite Products Used in This Recipe
*If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a small commission. Thanks!
Metal Whisk – a must in any kitchen!
Pyrex Glass Bowls – I love how these nest in each other and come with a lid for easy storing.
Truffle Oil – from my favorite company!
Truffle Hot Sauce – You know the saying “I put that s**t on everything”? Well, I REALLY do with this stuff!
Save Now, Make Later!
Check me out on Pinterest 😋