Easy Summer Orzo Pasta Salad
This Easy Summer Orzo Pasta Salad will soon be a family favorite! A quick 15 minutes and you have a fresh and cool side dish for any summer BBQ or get-together!
- 1.5 cups Orzo pasta uncooked
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion about 1/2 an onion
- 3/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups peeled & diced cucumbers 2 medium cucumbers
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta about 6oz container or 1/2 block
- 4 oz sliced olives (kalamata, green or black) canned or jarred
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing**
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley for topping optional
- 1 tsp fresh or dried basil for topping optional
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the Orzo pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender, then rinse with cold water and drain well.
In the meantime, chop and prep all of your ingredients.
Add the pasta and toppings into a large bowl and toss with the Italian dressing.
Serve right away or for best flavors, let sit in the fridge for about an hour until cool.
Top with fresh or dried parsley and basil. Enjoy!
** If it seems a little dry before serving, add a drizzle of more dressing.
Feel free to add as much or as little of any ingredient to your liking!